The full St Stephen's Federation Governing Body meets every term.
In addition there are two committees: the Finance Committee and the BSiL Advisory Board, which meet in advance of the full Governing Body.
The Governing Body is comprised of 9 members and the composition is as follows:
- One EX Officio (Headteacher)
- One staff member elected by school staff
- One appointed by the Local Authority
- Two elected by parents of the school
- Four Co-opted governors appointed by the Governing Body according to skills